Audacious Health Readings..
5 Top Tips for Achieving your Goals in 2020
1. Have audacious goals but…
Unpack the goal. Break it down into do-able parts /
stages. Break it down into at least five
smaller, attainable goals. Record how you are going to feel having achieved the
goal. Give the goal review checkpoints
and due dates.
2. Track your goals…
Have a system in place that
reminds you how and when to check in on your goals.
We often hear of efforts to change that are unsuccessful. New Year's resolutions that don't make it past January etc. Here's a great way to make a change that will stick.
Five ways to make a change that sticks:
- Choose something that you can donow.
- Choose something that you can make the decision about alone - i.e.doesn't require permission/collaboration.
- Choose something you can dowhere you are.
- Choose something you can dowith the resources you have already.
- Choose something that will have a
TIME AND FIVE GREAT WAYS TO USE IT….
One of my favourite movies is the Justin
Timberlake movie “In Time” from 2012. If
you haven’t seen it, in brief, it is about a futuristic society in which people
are genetically modified to “expire” on their 25 birthday – unless
they are able to acquire more time credits from some means eg income or
obtained from someone else’s time, thus making time a very valuable commodity
indeed. No, I think you will have to
watch the movie to get what I am saying…
We wish you an awesome year in 2019. Here are our suggested top five daily health habits for 2019.
1. Keep Hydrated
Sounds simple right.
- Are you drinking enough water each day
relative to how much you are losing?
- The recommended water intake for an
adult is 2 - 3 litres per day.
- Start the day with a large glass of
water (cooled boiled water is best).
- You may choose to add a slice of lemon
(or a spoon of apple cider vinegar),
- Keep up the water through-out the day
- if it helps, put some alarm reminders on your smart phone.
Do you plan to achieve big things? Weight loss, learning a new skill, running a certain distance?
Often we make grand plans to achieve something in a year or longer and if we don't achieve that goal we can be discouraged.
Sometimes just looking at a year long goal can be disheartening. Can I really walk 10KM when I haven't walked more that a short walk before?
One of our mentors recently suggest having a 12 week (or 90 day) plan. A 90 day plan is a good start with managing your time and tasks in achieving your goals.
Back by popular demand we have a new Christmas calendar full of inspiring, challenging and fun things to do in the lead up to Christmas. Seasons wishes to everyone and a heartfelt thank you for your support in 2017.
May you be happy, safe and well and all those you love enjoy the same.
This August, we are reminding ourselves of all that we are grateful for and all the abundance we have.
With this in mind.....
- have dreams, know what your burning desires are,
- plan (and write the plan down!) and take action
- believe in your dreams, have faith in them and your abilities and know that there is enough abundance to go around
- be ready to receive and recognising the opportunities (even those that follow on from sad or tragic circumstances)
- stay focused, be resilient, stick with it and achieve your goal.
As the dust settles on New Year's celebrations we sometimes turn our minds to New Year's resolutions. Will they work (when they might not of in the past)? What would it look like if they did?
I'm no expert on resolutions and their likelihood of success. I have, however, observed a lot of people make life changes. Quitting smoking, losing weight, eating more healthily, drinking less alcohol, quitting sugar are just some of the common intentions I've witnessed clients set.
It's almost a silly question. So many people want more energy. No amount of money can buy more energy and those with plenty of energy don't seem to want for much. But how do we get more energy.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has long revered energy and longevity. Of course life isn't just about quantity; quality of life is key.
4 tips for greater energy:
- Move- movement is great for promoting energy - find a movement style that suits you. Walking, dancing and tai chi are great forms of movement that move your energy - moving energy reduces blockages and results in more energy - magic.