Flying overseas sometime soon? Great - travel is fantastic right?
Travel is great - jet lag isn't.
Below are our TOP 12 TIPS to avoid travel stress and jet lag and have you arriving (and returning) in top shape:-
1. Keep hydrated (water + electrolytes) - alcoholic drinks don't count to your hydration budget, sorry
2. Wear comfortable loose clothing on the flight - also good if you attend an "all you can eat" buffet (wink, wink)
3. Take on board a cardigan and a scarf in case you need to keep warm (or jacket for the tough amongst us)
4. Have a change of clothes in your carry-on just in case - if your luggage goes missing this will be one less stress (also useful if you decide to mix and match mid-flight)
5. Pack items in carry on for keeping and feeling fresh - pack tissues, face wipes, brush, toothbrush and toothpaste. Also travel essence or rescue remedy is great to have on hand on a flight
6. Moisturise your body before flying to help prevent dehydration of your skin and muscles. We recommend pure coconut oil (helps you look great too!)
7. Take pre-travel supplements, tonics or treatments
8. Eucalyptus essential oil on a tissue - fantastic for sinus pain during the flight desent and if there are unpleasant smells mid flight.
9. Comfortable shoes - I wear my hiking boots - leaves plenty of room in the luggage and hiking boots are designed to be worn for long periods of time
10. Move - walking periodically during a flight makes you feel great and is recommended for preventing deep vein thrombosis
11. Sleep - where possible coordinate your sleeping time on the plane to the sleeping time at your destination
12. Prepare - we have found Acupuncture and Auricular Therapy has helped us for jet lag and for motion sickness.