Winter is on its way. Autumn may have had a bit of a false start but the Winter chill is now upon us…
Here are 5 key tips for Winter
1. Understand that you may have lower energy. We just don’t have as much energy in Winter as we do in Summer. Some clients feel more energized as they don’t have to battle the Summer heat but at the heart of it you have less energy.
2. Cut out the cold foods. Chinese Medicine never favours cold foods. As we transition to Winter it is critical not to indulge in cold foods such as ice cream and cold drinks.
3. Focus on nourishing, easy to digest foods. Bring on the soups – we just don’t digest as well in Winter as we do in Summer so cooking foods well takes some of the workload off your digestive system.
4. Sleep well. We need more sleep in Winter so earlier nights and later mornings.
5. Relax. As the change of season challenges your system it’s great to remember to look after yourself, schedule time out from work and enjoy being.